Patrick H. LePley
- Personal Injury -- Plaintiff 60%
- Workers' Compensation Law 10%
- Insurance Law 30%
Pat has fought and won numerous trials in Washington. His trial skills have earned his clients verdicts and settlements that total millions, but more importantly, have delivered justice to those that otherwise would have been left without it.
Pat has also been dedicated to ensuring that the laws surrounding tort and insurance issues are fair and protect the consumer. He has written or has contributed to many of the laws that protect the Washington consumer. He is frequently in Olympia and Washington DC speaking with legislators and executives, working to protect those laws from special interests who seek to increase profits over protecting people.
Pat has been named by numerous publications and organizations as one of the state's best trial lawyers. He has been selected as Trial Lawyer of the Year by both the Washington State Association for Justice and the Washington Defense Trial Lawyers. He is a constant selection as a "Super Lawyer" by Washington Law and Politics and was listed in the Best Lawyers in America selection. Pat is one of only a few attorneys that have been designated Certified Trial Attorney by the National Board of Trial Advocates.
He is past president of the Washington State Association for Justice and sits on its board of governors. He also serves on the Board of Governors for the American Association for Justice. He has held numerous leadership positions in those associations as well as the Washington State Bar Association. Pat has written and contributed to articles published in numerous legal publications in Washington and nationwide. He is the creator of the annual "How to Hammer Allstate" CLE and has lectured throughout the United States to professional legal organizations.
Pat was admitted to the Washington State Bar Association in 1975 after attending law school at University of Puget Sound School of Law (now Seattle University School of Law). He is married to Carol Hern-LePley, the firm's manager. Pat and Carol are also partners in Hern-LePley Racing, a successful horse-racing company that races all over the west coast.
- University of Puget Sound School of Law, Tacoma, Washington
- Doctor of Jurisprudence - 1975
- University of Washington, Seattle, Washington
- Bachelor of Arts - 1971
- Honors: cum laude
- Washington, 1976
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 1978
- U.S. Federal Courts, 1976
- Duty of Good Faith & Fair Dealing Among Parties to Insurance Transaction Motor Vehicle Accident Insurance Deskbook, Issue 10, 1988
- Trial Lawyers Insurance Seminar (Chairman), 1979
- Fraternal Order of Eagles, Cle Elum, Aerie No. 649 v. General Acc. Ins. Co. of America, 792 P.2d 178, 1990, Wash.App. Div. 3, 1990094057
- O'Rourke v. Department of Labor and Industries of State of Wash., 788 P.2d 17, 1990, Wash.App. Div. 1, 1990054914
- Husfloen v. MTA Const., Inc., 794 P.2d 859, 1990, Wash.App. Div. 1, 1990116406
- Romanick v. Aetna Cas. & Sur. Co., 795 P.2d 728, 1990, Wash.App. Div. 1, 1990125429
- Winters v. State Farm, 31 P.3d 1164, 2002, Washington State Supreme Court, 2001838122
- Mahler v. Szucs, 957 P.2d 632, 1998, Washington State Supreme Court, 1998119271
- Trial Lawyer of the Year, 2002
- Washington HBPA
- Eugene Moen, Attorney, Seattle
- Paul Stritmatter, Attorney, Seattle
Fraternities or Sororities
- Phi Kappa Theta
- American Bar Association, Member, 1975
- Washington State Bar Association, Member, 1975
- Seattle-King County Bar Association, Member, 1975
- Washington State Association for Justice, Member
- East King County Bar Association, Member, 1988 to 1992
- American Association for Justice, Governor for WA State, Board of Governors
- National Board of Trial Advocacy, Member
Certified Legal Specialties
- Civil Trial Lawyer, National Board of Trial Advocacy, 2005